The Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program awards youth all over the country for caring. It kind of seems silly but in an awesome way. Shouldn’t everyone choose to care about everyone else no matter what? I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have been nominated for the scholarship by multiple people and also how great it feels to have been chosen as a national scholarship winner.
Kohl’s has this year awarded more than 2,500 winners nationwide with nearly $400,000 in scholarships for higher education and prizes. The winners were chosen from more than 32,000 nominees nationwide, and selected for the positive impact their volunteer efforts have on the community.
The scholarship is for $10,000 and it will go into a college savings plan that my Mom set up for me. They are also going to contribute $1,000 to Brae’s Brown Bags which is very generous.
Thank you to Kohl’s and thank you to the people who nominated me. This is an honor. I can’t wait to tell my friends when I go back to school. I’ll be in middle school this year at Gauger-Cobbs.
You can read about other Kohl’s Cares winners in these stories:
- Kohl’s awards scholarships to young volunteers – Courier Press
- Fishers boy who beat cancer wins $10K for helping Riley kids – Indy Star
- County students win national, local scholarships – Chesterfield Observer
- Education Matters: Scholarships rolling in for students across metro-east– Belleville News Democrat
- Tucson student wins scholarship award from Kohl’s – Tuscan News Now
- Wiltonian awarded for volunteerism – Wilton Bulletin
Thank you to all the media people who cover the good news!